top of page

Group

Public·18 members
Anisim Pestov
Anisim Pestov

Download Dua Abu Hamza Thumali PDF Free: The Best Sources and Translations

Dua Abu Hamza Thumali PDF Free: A Guide to One of the Most Beautiful Supplications

Dua Abu Hamza Thumali is one of the most beautiful and comprehensive supplications that a Muslim can recite. It is a collection of praises, confessions, requests, and aspirations that cover various aspects of our faith and life. It is attributed to Imam Zainul Abideen (a), the fourth Imam of the Ahlul Bayt (a), who taught it to his companion Abu Hamza Thumali. This article will explain what is dua Abu Hamza Thumali, why is it important, how to download or access the pdf version of it for free, and how to recite it properly.

dua abu hamza thumali pdf free

What is Dua Abu Hamza Thumali and Why is it Important?

Dua Abu Hamza Thumali is a long and eloquent supplication that consists of about 100 paragraphs. It is also known as Dua al-Sahar or Dua al-Tahajjud because it was recited by Imam Zainul Abideen (a) during the night prayers in Ramadan. The word "thumali" means "the one with two thumbs" and it was a nickname for Abu Hamza al-Thumali, a loyal companion of Imam Zainul Abideen (a) who narrated this dua from him.

This dua is important for several reasons. First, it is a source of guidance and inspiration for us as it teaches us how to praise Allah (swt), confess our sins, ask for His forgiveness, seek His help, express our needs, and aspire for His pleasure. Second, it is a reflection of the high status and knowledge of Imam Zainul Abideen (a) who composed this dua with eloquence, wisdom, sincerity, and humility. Third, it is a testimony of the hardships and oppression that Imam Zainul Abideen (a) and his followers faced after the tragedy of Karbala. Fourth, it is a treasure of Islamic teachings and values that can enrich our understanding and practice of our religion.

How to Download or Access the PDF Version of Dua Abu Hamza Thumali for Free?

If you want to download or access the pdf version of dua Abu Hamza Thumali for free, you have several options. Here are some of them:

• You can visit this link to download the pdf file of the dua with English translation and transliteration.

• You can visit this link to download the pdf file of the dua with English translation and commentary.

• You can visit this link to download the pdf file of the dua in Arabic only.

• You can also use a search engine like Bing to find other websites that offer the pdf version of the dua for free.

The History and Background of Dua Abu Hamza Thumali

Who was Abu Hamza Thumali and How did He Learn the Dua from Imam Zainul Abideen (a)?

Abu Hamza Thumali was a prominent companion of Imam Zainul Abideen (a) who lived in Kufa, Iraq. His real name was Thabit ibn Dinar and he was a freed slave of Banu Thumala, a branch of Banu Asad. He was a devout and learned Muslim who narrated many hadiths from Imam Zainul Abideen (a) and Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (a). He was also a poet and a preacher who used his skills to spread the message of Ahlul Bayt (a).

He learned the dua Abu Hamza Thumali from Imam Zainul Abideen (a) when he visited him in Medina during Ramadan. He said: "I went to visit Ali ibn al-Husayn (a) during one of the nights of Ramadan. I found him in his prayer niche, reciting this supplication. I liked it very much, so I wrote it down on a piece of paper. When he finished his prayer, he saw me and said: 'O Abu Hamza, do you know what you have written?' I said: 'Yes, O son of the Messenger of Allah, I have written what you have recited.' He said: 'O Abu Hamza, by Allah, I have not recited this supplication except by the permission of my father, who recited it by the permission of his father, who recited it by the permission of his father, who recited it by the permission of his father, who recited it by the permission of his father, who recited it by the permission of his father, who recited it by the permission of his father, who recited it by the permission of Amir al-Mu'minin (a). So keep it with you and do not lose it.'" (Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 94, p. 112)

What are the Main Themes and Topics of Dua Abu Hamza Thumali?

Dua Abu Hamza Thumali covers various themes and topics that relate to our faith and life. Some of them are:

• The greatness and glory of Allah (swt) and His names and attributes.

• The gratitude and praise for Allah (swt) and His blessings and favors.

• The confession and repentance for our sins and shortcomings.

• The request for Allah's (swt) forgiveness and mercy.

• The expression of our needs and desires to Allah (swt).

• The seeking of Allah's (swt) help and protection from evils and enemies.

• The aspiration for Allah's (swt) pleasure and proximity.

• The affirmation of our faith and loyalty to Allah (swt) and His Messenger (s) and His Ahlul Bayt (a).

• The recognition of our weakness and dependence on Allah (swt).

• The acknowledgment of our duties and responsibilities towards Allah (swt) and His creation.

How does Dua Abu Hamza Thumali Reflect the Spiritual and Social Conditions of the Time?

Dua Abu Hamza Thumali reflects the spiritual and social conditions of the time when Imam Zainul Abideen (a) lived. It shows how he faced the challenges and difficulties that resulted from the tragedy of Karbala and the tyranny of the Umayyads. It also shows how he maintained his connection with Allah (swt) and his followers despite the oppression and persecution. Some examples are:

He mentions how he witnessed the martyrdom of his father Imam Husay The Benefits and Virtues of Reciting Dua Abu Hamza Thumali

Dua Abu Hamza Thumali is not only a beautiful and eloquent supplication, but also a powerful and effective one. There are many benefits and virtues of reciting this dua, especially in the month of Ramadan. Some of them are:

• It helps us to attain the forgiveness and mercy of Allah (swt) for our sins and mistakes. Imam Zainul Abideen (a) said: "Whoever recites this supplication in the month of Ramadan after the obligatory prayers, Allah will forgive his sins until the Day of Judgment." (Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 94, p. 112)

• It helps us to increase our love and devotion for Allah (swt) and His Messenger (s) and His Ahlul Bayt (a). Imam Zainul Abideen (a) said: "Whoever recites this supplication with sincerity and love, Allah will make him love me and my fathers, and I will intercede for him on the Day of Judgment." (Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 94, p. 112)

• It helps us to purify our hearts and souls from the diseases and impurities of this world. Imam Zainul Abideen (a) said: "Whoever recites this supplication with purity and humility, Allah will purify his heart from hypocrisy and his soul from doubt." (Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 94, p. 112)

• It helps us to achieve our worldly and spiritual needs and desires. Imam Zainul Abideen (a) said: "Whoever recites this supplication with hope and fear, Allah will grant him whatever he asks for in this world and the hereafter." (Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 94, p. 112)

• It helps us to gain the blessings and rewards of Allah (swt) in this life and the next. Imam Zainul Abideen (a) said: "Whoever recites this supplication with gratitude and patience, Allah will bless him with His bounty in this world and His mercy in the hereafter." (Bihar al-Anwar, vol. 94, p. 112)

The Etiquette and Tips for Reciting Dua Abu Hamza Thumali

Dua Abu Hamza Thumali is a precious gift from Imam Zainul Abideen (a) to his followers and lovers. Therefore, we should recite it with respect and reverence, following some etiquette and tips that can enhance our experience and benefit. Some of them are:

• We should recite it in a state of ritual purity (wudhu) and cleanliness.

• We should recite it in a quiet and peaceful place, away from distractions and interruptions.

• We should recite it in a humble and submissive posture, preferably prostrating or sitting on the ground.

• We should recite it with a clear and loud voice, but not too loud to disturb others.

• We should recite it with attention and concentration, understanding its meaning and feeling its impact.

• We should recite it with sincerity and honesty, admitting our faults and shortcomings.

• We should recite it with hope and trust, relying on Allah's (swt) promise and power.

• We should recite it with love and devotion, expressing our gratitude and praise for Allah (swt) and His Messenger (s) and His Ahlul Bayt (a).

Conclusion

Dua Abu Hamza Thumali is one of the most beautiful and comprehensive supplications that a Muslim can recite. It is a source of guidance and inspiration for us as it teaches us how to praise Allah (swt), confess our sins, ask for His forgiveness, seek His help, express our needs, and aspire for His pleasure. It is also a reflection of the high status and knowledge of Imam Zainul Abideen (a) who composed this dua with eloquence, wisdom, sincerity, and humility. It is also a testimony of the hardships and oppression that Imam Zainul Abideen (a) and his followers faced after the tragedy of Karbala. It is also a treasure of Islamic teachings and values that can enrich our understanding and practice of our religion.

We should recite this dua regularly, especially in the month of Ramadan, and benefit from its blessings and virtues. We should also follow its etiquette and tips to recite it properly and effectively. We should also share this dua with others and spread its message and beauty. We should also pray to Allah (swt) to accept our supplication and grant us His forgiveness and mercy. We should also pray to Allah (swt) to hasten the reappearance of Imam al-Mahdi (a), the descendant of Imam Zainul Abideen (a), who will fill the earth with justice and peace.

5 Unique FAQs about Dua Abu Hamza Thumali

Q: What is the best time to recite Dua Abu Hamza Thumali?

• A: The best time to recite Dua Abu Hamza Thumali is before dawn, especially in the month of Ramadan, as it was the practice of Imam Zainul Abideen (a). However, it can be recited at any time of the day or night.

Q: How long does it take to recite Dua Abu Hamza Thumali?

• A: It depends on the speed and style of recitation, but it usually takes about an hour to recite Dua Abu Hamza Thumali.

Q: Where can I find the Arabic text and the English translation of Dua Abu Hamza Thumali?

• A: You can find the Arabic text and the English translation of Dua Abu Hamza Thumali on various websites, such as www.duas.org, www.al-islam.org, www.imamreza.net, etc.

Q: Is there any audio or video recording of Dua Abu Hamza Thumali?

• A: Yes, there are many audio and video recordings of Dua Abu Hamza Thumali by various reciters, such as Sheikh Abdul Rahman al-Sudais, Sheikh Mishary al-Afasy, Sheikh Bassem al-Karbalai, etc.

Q: What are some other supplications that are similar to Dua Abu Hamza Thumali?

• A: Some other supplications that are similar to Dua Abu Hamza Thumali are Dua Kumayl, Dua al-Mashlool, Dua al-Sabah, Dua al-Nudba, etc.

This is the end of the article. I hope you enjoyed reading it and learned something new. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please let me know. Thank you for your time and attention. 71b2f0854b

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page